(Be warned, this recipe makes A LOT of whoopie pies!)
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (from Brown Eyed Baker)
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup canola or vegetable oil
3 cups chilled pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the granulated sugar, the dark brown sugar, and the oil together. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk to combine thoroughly. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
5. Use a small cookie scoop or a large spoon to drop a rounded, heaping tablespoon of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, making sure that the cookies are just starting to crack on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cookie comes out clean. The cookies should be firm when touched. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack.
8 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter (1/4 cup)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
milk or water as needed
1. Cream together wet ingredients.
2. Beat in powdered sugar.
3. Add milk as needed and beat until you reach the desired consistency.
Make sure your cakes are completely cool. Pipe frosting onto cakes and top with another cake of the same size and shape. Enjoy!