It's only a matter of hours until Thanksgiving! I hope you're ready...I know I am!
If you need something to bring to a party, or think your own feast might need a little spicing up, make this Pumpkin Hummus. It's a great seasonal dip -- it's savory, just slightly pumpkin-y, has some of the usual pumpkin pie spices, but also a little kick. (I know, it sounds weird, but trust me, it's really good and insanely easy.)
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- About 3/4 of a 15-oz can pumpkin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 shake of cayenne pepper
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. (I said it was easy, didn't I?)
- Serve with toasted pita bread, carrots, etc.