This is a guest post by our dear 6x6 WHOM I MISS COME BACK TO ME.
As regular readers of Mollie’s blog will remember, I moved from Washington, DC to Cape Town, South Africa at the end of last year to attend grad school. Aside from the distance, my life has not changed much. I’m still running, but up to Rhodes Memorial instead of on the Georgetown Canal. I’m still reading, but it’s books left behind in my student housing instead of recommendations and loaners from Mollie.
|Hike to Rhodes Memorial.|
6x6’s Dark Chocolate TrufflesIngredients:
- 1/2 pound good bittersweet chocolate such as Lindt (or whatever you can get, depending on the country. In South Africa, Cadbury is equally delicious)
- 1/2 pound good semisweet chocolate such as Ghiradelli
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon good vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Chop the chocolates finely with a sharp knife. Place them in a heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just boils. Turn off the heat and allow the cream to sit for 20 seconds. With a wire whisk, slowly stir the cream into the chocolates until the chocolate is completely melted. Whisk in coffee, and vanilla. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- With 2 teaspoons, spoon round balls of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm.
- Roll each dollop of chocolate in your hands to roughly make a round ball. Roll in cocoa powder. These will keep refrigerated for weeks, but serve them at room temperature.