The Eat Run Read scandalousness continues. Judging by the bloggy success of Sister1’s Slutty Brownies, this next creation might just blow the internet’s mind. It’s her same recipe, but with one incredibly important addition to take these brownies to the next slutty level: peanut butter. Because on a scale from one to insanely intense, these score HIGH on the intensity side.
This is not a dessert for the faint of heart. I made them as a goodbye present for my friend who is driving cross-country. Forget the late-night coffee, I bet just one of these bars would equal a few shots of espresso and maybe a Red Bull or two. (Just as Sister1 said, these are dangerous to have around in any quantity.)
I went the lazy route and used brownie mix instead of making the brownies from scratch. And I am a-OK with that! Let’s be real, mostly I’m re-posting this recipe because the pictures are so fabulous. So without further ado:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- See printable recipe for from-scratch brownie instructions. I used a family-sized box mix this time.
- 1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos
- About 1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth, whatever you like).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with wax paper and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer: Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- For the Brownie Layer: prepare box mix according to instructions.
- Assembly: Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Spread peanut butter on top of the Oreos.
- Top the cookie dough with a layer of Oreos.
- Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 15-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting — brownies may still be gooey in the middle when still warm, but will set up perfectly once cooled.
- Note: To half this recipe for an 8×8 brownie mix, simply half the chocolate chip cookie dough ingredients.